Monday, September 10, 2007

Are You happy?


Balloon Man
Originally uploaded by Magander
Somehow, asking this question is a terrible idea. I was driving and thinking and, sadly, I couldn’t answer it. Even making the question is hard; it has a huge range of possible answers, from which most of them, I don’t want to know.
All the time, we hear that life is too precious, too beautiful, too unpredictable. We hear that life is supposed to be happy, yet, somewhere in the world people believes that happiness is something that must be earned; Buddhists believe that pain and suffering rule over our lives and there is no way to overcome them. The single desire to eliminate them has as consequence more pain. I don’t know if I can live and believe such thing, it’s too much of an exaggeration and then again, existing knowing that there is nothing more to look after, that wouldn’t be so bad.
The thing is, I want it to be more. I need to believe there is more. I know there is.
This all made sense an hour ago; the need for happiness is overwhelming n my world in this very minute. I have to find it. If not for me for the rest of us. Because it may not appear so but, I can’t live in silence, it makes me nervous and tense and stresses me to the point of hurting. I guess I need someone who fills my silence…even if that’s beyond the point. My point is, I guess, that we miss you. I miss you. Even if it really isn’t important. That if I can’t or won’t or am not happy, the people around me should be, if that’s means that I am self centered then, yes, I am, but I don’t think that whishing joy to the people I love is that bad.
I ask myself, are you happy? The answer varies, for the moment, I m trying.
Maybe we should carry more ballons around, make things a bti more bright. Lets settle with the pic.

3 Gente dice...:

une pétite étoile said...

That question is extremely difficult to answer, I cant do it myself either. We try, then fall. Maybe we just go on living trying to find it. They say is not the destination but the journey, maybe that is it. Maybe in the running after it is the actual happiness. I dont know.If I ever find it I'll let you know, and then share some. Lets just enjoy the ride, lets enjoy the pain...
Je t'aime...

d:ego said...

I believed I could reach happiness easily.

It was a matter of setting up your goals and striving towards them. If something was not going well, then it just required a change of attitude and re-checking the map of the road. I've lost the map, I haven't been able to change my attitude. I guess I need a guide. Cause I've been going back, looking for the road, tracking back my steps but the birds ate the crumbs.

Thanx

humantree said...

Insisto, son momentos y no un estado permanente.
Cuando platico contigo, por ejemplo, I'm happy.

Que los dioses, la vida, la energía, la naturaleza, la casualidad, el destino, los caprichos de un genio maléfico, o lo que sea que mueva el mundo, nos escuche, pronto.