Monday, March 24, 2008

Mirror mirror on the wall



I went to the movies yesterday. I watched a girly movie. The theater was packed. The girl next to me didn’t stopped crying until her boyfriend promised her a dress, and the she continued. I had a bottle of water and I heard nice songs. Dreams are like little movies. Sometimes I dream stuff and when I wake up the dreaming gets scary and I forget all about it. But dreams, it seems, have a period of beat, as if they needed a trigger.
Sometimes I dream with people I know and it scares me because of what I do in my head. I have a very big and realistic imagination. Sometimes I dream about situations I’ve never been in and with people I’ll never meet. Sometimes I dream I can fly; since I was a little girl I dreamt I had the answer to flying, it was so easy and yet, in the real world, impossible.
Sometimes I dream of things that will happen; since I can remember there have been images in my head that come to life. Some people don’t believe in this but its hard not to when you live it. When someone is yelling at you and you know exactly what they will say. When you’re in a store and see a piece of clothing and you know that you’ll wear it to a party, even if that party is 3 years from that day, with people you haven’t met. How sometimes you know the answer to a question even if you shouldn’t. It certainly explains why sometimes you meet a person and it feels like you already knew them, even if you still don’t know where from. It usually takes a bit of effort to recognize whats going on, but it comes with a feeling too. A feeling of I know whats going on because I’ve been here, I’ve done this and I don’t have the t-shirt because it just hasn’t happen yet.
But sometimes, the dreams take me in a different direction. Sometimes I listen to a song and I remember something that could be happening in that moment but isn’t. Like a dejà vu that existed only in a place of possibilities but for one reason or the other, it just didn’t come together. This is just funny, knowing that what should be happening in your life happened in a different reality but not in yours. Then again, it did happen to you just not in this time, just not to this you. Sometimes that’s good, when you remember a fight or someone screaming at you. But sometimes you remember something and you kinda wish it were happening to this you. Because it was nice and funny and just, cute. Like an imaginary response to a situation, but you know it wasn’t you who made it up. You’re just the one who saw it before hand.
As if there were many lives, the ones with all the could have beens and maybes and laters of this one. As if dreams where the doors to them, the litle cracks on the walls and mirrors, the windows to them.

Pic by Flo

1 Gente dice...:

d:ego said...

Dreams, intuition, instinct, craziness... don't know which one is the one to blame. What I do know, is that it requires some sort of heightened sensitivity. It's weird how we can build memories for things that haven't happened yet, know things that will, yet keep on forgetting tomorrow's homework. Strange, the way the mind works. And we both know ours tends to be weirder than average.

Thanks for those moments of boredom in which you choose to write an e-mail and address it to me. Hugs.