Thursday, February 16, 2006

It was a happy day, so it went like happy days go in my life.

It was a happy day until you showed up and I remembered
That when you said I was stupid, I believed you.
When you called me a whore, I felt wrong.
When you said I wasn’t pretty, I thought you’d never lie.
When you said my tears where made of sugar, I drank them all.

When you said I was a bad liar, I decided not to try.
When you said I couldn’t do something, I never wonder why.
When you said my voice was a pitch, I decided not to speak.
When you said my teeth were funny, I decided not to smile.

And I believed you cause your suppose to know better, your suppose to know what’s right.
What was my surprise when I met them, what was my surprise when I could smile.
What was your surprise when I could be a happy one out side your arms.
What happened when you’re four walls started to look small and the world around us started to glide?

What a clash it was, you won’t believe, when they said I was smart and I tried to leave.
What a thing I felt when I over heard a smile and had to believe.

How do you stand in my way and pretend you always did right? How can you say you always knew I was who I’ am? How do I believe your words now? How can you say I’m pretty, and normal and smart? How do you live with your self and your lies?

I have no conscious, I have no heart. I forgot to remember how it felt to be sane and now, I go trough it all as if time had left time alone.
I don’t know how my happy days start, but I know how they end. They’ve named a candy after my name. Sugar tears they call them, and they’re sweet and soon over. They have a funny taste to begin; they’re hard on the outside and liquid while they fade. They’re sugary and strong, and easy to break.
They have a hard trace to leave behind, and once its over you’ll always want another try, but they’re so hard to find; you’ll have to settle with what the memory has. They’re after wards forgotten soon, left behind and thought only for a little while.
Just like me. Just like you said I would be.

0 Gente dice...: